On this page:
- Digital voting step-by-step quick guide
- How to vote on OneFeather
- How to cast a ballot
- How to spoil a ballot
Digital voting step-by-step quick guide
How to Vote on OneFeather
To cast your vote online using OneFeather, you'll need to set up a personal account. Your account will be uniquely tied to you—ensuring that only you can use it to vote. Each voter must have their own OneFeather account. You will need to verify your personal information before you can enter your vote.
- Go to members.onefeather.ca and sign up or log in.
- Once you have logged in, select Vote Now on the homepage.
- If it's your first time voting online with OneFeather, you will asked to select your community and then enter your personal details. Once you have done this, you will not have to do it again to vote in future events.
- You will now be able to see all the voting events you are eligible to participate in. Select Vote Now on the event you wish to vote in.
- Select the Vote button to continue.
- Review the instructions and select Continue.
- Confirm your information by selecting Confirm and Continue.
Note: For security purposes, you will have 10 minutes to cast your vote.
- Check your email and locate your single-use voter PIN emailed to you from us. If you do no see an email from us, please check your junk or spam folders.
Note: You can also resend the PIN email at this step. It will be sent to the address associated with your account.
- Enter your 6-digit PIN and select Verify my PIN.
You are now ready to start voting! You will be asked to read the ballot, make your selection(s) and then confirm your selections at the end of the vote.
How to cast a ballot
- Read over the ballot.
- Make your selection(s) for the ballot.
Note: If you need to clear your ballot select Clear my ballot.
- Select Next.
- Repeat steps till you have completed voting on every ballot.
- Once all ballots are completed, you will be able to review your choices and change them if you like before completing your vote.
- When you are satisfied with the selections you have made, select the Confirm Your Vote button.
- Your vote has now been submitted! You will receive an email confirmation that your vote has been received.
Once your vote is completed you will have the option to share the voting event via Facebook or Twitter/X. You can also update your information with your community if it is out of date.
How to spoil a ballot
A spoiled ballot is a ballot that has been intentionally left blank. You may want to be counted as a voter, but have no opinion on a particular ballot—it is legitimate to spoil your ballot if you so choose.
- Read over the ballot
- Do not make a selection
- Select Next
Your ballot will now be spoiled. You can learn more about spoiled ballots here.