On this page:
Select a guarantor
- Click Select a Guarantor
- Review the requirements for your guarantor
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a valid status cardholder.
- Must reside in Canada or the USA.
- Must have known you for at least two years.
- In the Name box, add in your guarantor's first and last name
- In the Email box, add your guarantor's email
- Check the "I understand that I will be sharing the personal information contained in my SCIS application with the guarantor I have chosen" checkbox
- Click Add Guarantor
- Click Next
Once you have selected your guarantor, your application will come to OneFeather first for us to review your application to make sure it meets the requirements set by Indigenous Services Canada. Once we have reviewed the application, your guarantor will be notified to complete their portion of the application.
You are now ready to move on to the payment details for your status card.
Remove a guarantor
If you need to select a new guarantor due to them not being eligible, or you would prefer to choose someone else, you can remove your current guarantor.
- Click on 6. Select a guarantor under overview
- Scroll down to Select a Guarantor
- Click Remove Guarantor
- A popup will appear asking you to confirm that you want to remove this guarantor request
- Click Yes, Remove Request
Your guarantor will now be removed from your application, and you can now select a new guarantor.